Joe Giunta and I(Sy Schiff) found Ken Feusel at the east end of the Coast Guard
hedgerow photographing an empidonax  flycatcher. A very interesting bird with
white throat and semi-tear drop eye ring. ID will be a challenge.
Focus was on the flycatcher, but we managed to see PALM, PINE, MAGNOLIA ,
CHESTNUT-SIDED AND YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS Plus COMMON YELLOWTHROAT. There were
a lot of birds in the air moving through, but no blackbirds. Some 5-600 TREE
SWALLOWS were milling about over the median with a steady stream moving through
along with a number of NORTHERN FLICKERS.
We walked down to the inlet and checked the bar across the inlet. We managed to
make out oystercatchers, 145 FORSTER’S TERNS and seven (7) MARBLED GODWITS.
This apparently where the latter feed when they’re not on the bar by the marina.
At the turnaround, it was mostly quiet but we managed some PURPLE FINCHES.
There was a scattering of hawks moving through all morning.
Sy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10