Joe Giunta and I(Sy Schiff) started at Jones Beach West End #2 and found the
LARK SPARROW on the grass at the mid lot exit.   On the east side of the
building to the south we found the reported VESPER SPARROW. Sparrows were
abundant this morning along the road edges with WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWS in
greatest numbers. Down on the ocean, the sky was filled with first year HERRING
GULLS, but little else. Some SCOTERS were flying W to E but well off shore.  On
the beach was a single LAUGHING GULL plus the usual three and a huge flock of
DUNLIN. Several HORNED LARKS were feeding in the swale.

We went over to the marina. The bar and most of the island was under water. A
flock of some 200 AMEERICAN OYSTERCATCHERS took off as we watched and included
2 MARBLED GODWIT. A pair of ROYAL TERNS were on the breakwater by the Coast
Guard Station.

A text message alerted Joe and we drove via the Ocean Pkwy to Hecksher to find
about 25-30 birders looking at the NORTHERN WHEATEAR. We were greeted by a
round of hellos followed by a quick point to  nearby scopes all set up on the
bird.  Birders are a great bunch.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10