The seed sale today was certainly enhanced by the delightful weather, as
well as by the Bald Eagle that flew over the refuge's "Old Ice Pond" !
After the sale ended at 1430, I took a ride down to the beach, birding Dune
Road from the Post Ave Bridge to Shinnicock Inlet. Highlights included: 3
Common Eiders;  a large # of Surf Scoters (100-125); a massive # of Black
Scoters (possibly as large as 300-350 birds}; 1 N.Harrier; 1 Peregrine
Falcon; 5 Greater Yellowlegs and 3 Purple Finches, my 1st of the season.

Cheers,
Bob