Joe Giunta and I (Sy Schiff) found the bar at the marina covered with
shorebirds.  They included AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER, BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER,
DUNLIN, several RED KNOT, and  2 RUDDY TURNSTONE.  Several FORSTER’S TERN flew
over the bar. In the inlet were 3 COMMON EIDER, SURF SCOTER and a RED-THROATED
LOON.

As we walked down the swale 3 HORNED LARK flew up’  On the beach were 5
SEMIPALMATED PLOVER and 2 very late PIPING PLOVER. A NORTHERN HARRIER flew over
the dunes.  The parking lot held 7 LESSER BLACK-BACK GULLS.

At Pt. Lookout we walked through the new memorial and to the beach. There in
the surf to our left were 2 HARLEQUIN,  another on the west side of the jetty,
an AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER on the jetty and a COMMON EIDER  in the water. Breezy
sunny day for a birthday.

Sy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10