I had also heard something (third hand) about a Scissor-tailed in Point
Lookout. I didn't see anything official on this list, but I took a chance
anyway. Like everyone else after the initial sighting, I came up empty. A
small consolation prize was looking up at a high flying egret, going east to
west. My first impression was that of an out of the ordinary shape - chunky.
I managed to get a few pictures of it when it descended somewhat. Inspecting
my pictures upon getting home confirmed what I thought - a Cattle Egret.
Having mentioned that it descended somewhat, it's possible that it came down
in the area. Lido Preserve maybe? Anyone in the area ready to give up on
flycatchers might consider looking around.

At least I didn't have to go far to get to Pt. Lookout. I was at Jones Beach
West End, but left at 10:00. But even while at Point Lookout, and probably
just before leaving the area entirely at 11:30, I checked my e-mail for
reports of interest. Nothing at that point. That could be an issue with my
e-mail and carrier, but even checking the web based archives when I got
home, I do not see the initial report of the Gray Kingbird. The first thing
I see is a request for updates (at 11:21).  Where did the initial report -
that I didn't see - go?

Steve Walter