From: bounce-123118012-3714...@list.cornell.edu
[bounce-123118012-3714...@list.cornell.edu] on behalf of Hugh McGuinness
[hdmcguinn...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 11:50 AM
To: michael.schri...@gmail.com
Cc: NYSBIRDS-L
Subject: Re: [nysbirds-l] Black-headed Gull, Conscience Bay, Old Field

It must be at least ten years ago that Doug Futuyma (I think), Peter Scully (I
think) and I first found what must be the same individual on the Smithtown
Christmas Bird Count. My earliest record in e-bird was from 27 Dec 2008, but I
have only submitted but small fraction of my records to e-bird, so I am not
sure that was the earliest date. When first found, the bird was already in
adult plumage, so if my assumption is correct, this individual is at least 12
years old. Mt memory also says we first found it in nearby Flax Pond.

Hugh

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 10:53 AM Michael Schrimpf