Highlights from 3 sites, 2 in Queens and 1 in Brooklyn.

Queens - Fort Tilden:

A juvenile Black Brant continues. Moving with the Brant flock between Fort
Tilden and the Riis Park Golf Course. The other notable observation in the
Brant flock was one with a geolocator attached to a red and white band. There
is an ongoing 5 year Atlantic Brant migration and ecology study being done by
NJDEP Fish and Wildlife, NYDEC and CWS (Canadian Wildlife Service). If you
observe a red band in the field, please try to read the code and report your
findings to the Bird Banding Laboratory
(https://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/BBL/bblretrv/)

Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge - West Pond loop trail, North and South Gardens:

Ruby-crowned Kinglet (2)

Eastern Phoebe (1)

Purple Finch (5)

Orange-crowned Warbler (1)

Brooklyn - Bush Terminal Piers Park:

2nd Calendar Year Lesser Black-backed Gull.

Eastern Phoebe (2)

Ruby-crowned Kinglet (1)

Indio Bunting (2)

Both Lesser and Greater Scaup.

A Happy and safe Thanksgiving to all!

Cheers,

--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire