Thanks again to you and David Barrett and all who post any where and with such
frequency.
I too have been told as I bird or walk with binoculars questions about what
I’ve seen by strangers and often offer my binoculars and tell novice birders of
available bird walks or organizations, or good locations to go to.  I have been
asked not to reveal locations of Owls, but people are inquisitive if it looks
like I’m attentive to a spot. ( this has made me uncomfortable with the ethics
of Owl protection) not that I often spots Owls. I feel this is the best way to
promote and enhance environmental protection ethics and laws,  and to protect
the areas of park reserved for passive recreation. I feel Gus’ promotion of
informative signage is essential and aids birders to reinforce ethics.  I do
not support suppression of information and creates a caste system of birders.
Respectfully, Edith Goren

E.G.