Shai Mitra and I traveled to RI today for Easter, gnashing teeth,
tearing hair, and keening (Shai is, contrary to all expectation, one
eighth Irish and prone to keening) about missing a possible/probable
slingshot event on our Long Island beaches today, given the favorable
weather conditions for just such an event.

As it turns out, multiple reports of early trans-gulf migrants from
coastal Rhode Island today (E. Kingbird, Indigo Bunting, Blue Grosbeak,
Scarlet Tanager, Summer Tanager, and Rose-breasted Grosbeak) proved our
predictions to be true, and we're wondering if anyone on coastal LI
found any evidence of this event, other than my 6 year old great nephew,
Orion, who called us from his grandfather's house in Shirley to report a
Rose-breasted Grosbeak.

Patricia Lindsay and Shai  Mitra

Bay Shore