An hour in Bryant Park at midday (we miss you, Alan D!) was quieter than
many other urban parks, but did reveal three Ovenbirds, Swainson's and
Hermit Thrush, abundant Catbirds, Song, White-throated, and Chipping
Sparrow, and (including the plantings around the library) at least nine
Common Yellowthroats...seven of which were male. Adding the two seen later
on the closed lawn in Madison Square Park, both male, today's sightings
continued the multiyear trend I've observed of a seemingly disproportionate
ratio of male to female Yellowthroats in these small Midtown parks. Nothing
but speculative reasons why, however.