Our regular Audubon walk went on in the rain. Our binoculars were swamped but
we managed 9 warbler species and 40 altogether before the rain soaked us.
Birds were low and close to the entrance to Hunter Island. The rain on the
binocular eyepieces made identification tough and I believe there were a few
more warbler species, including at least one Golden Wing but it was too
difficult to positively identify.
Thanks to John Sheridan and “Bronx” Brendan Keogh for their sharp eyes.

Jack Rothman
cityislandbirds.com <http://cityislandbirds.com/>

Pelham Bay Park

May 5, 2019

 50 degrees      Continuous and unrelenting rain

Black and White Warbler

Black-throated Blue Warbler

Parula Warbler

Blackpoll Warbler