Gus and all,

For predicting local movements I would recommend referring to a more local
scale radar. Your link shower strong movement last night to our south,
which is indeed an indicator of birds on the ground the next morning here,
but it is not the only one. Checking the below link this morning, I could
see a small line of showers crawling by central New Jersey and a bird-sign
shadow to it’s north. Cape May Bird Observatory posted on Facebook last
night of possible fallout conditions in that area.

http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/radar/

I usually keep all the setting except “Loop Duration” which I usually set
to 6 or 8 hours to see the whole night. Then click a station:  OKX is on
Long Island, DIX is by Philadelphia. Both can be helpful to predict
activity near NYC, since these stations are more “accurate” within a
shorter radius, where the radar beam is bouncing off airborn objects closer
to the ground. Activity over the New York bight just before dawn is a good
sign for new arrivals; activity over the Long Island Sound only is a good
sign for net departures, which is closer to what was visible this AM. Wind
was also northerly (but pretty light, not necessarily inhibitive).

I visited Crocheron Park in Bayside yesterday evening and this morning and
there was no noticeable turnover whatsoever. An Olive-sided Flycatcher was
there, perching up near the west end of the pond, yesterday only.

Best,
Brendan Fogarty