Despite an extensive search at the last known location beginning around 5:10,
there has been no sign of the Burrowing Owl in or around the construction zone
at Big Egg Marsh. The workers appear to be slowly gathering, but no
construction has begun as of this writing. Many of the surprisingly few birders
present are starting to head off to work. If anyone else follows up and has
better luck than we have, I’m sure there are many New York birders who would
greatly appreciate prompt updates with adequate details.

Cheers,
-Tim H