The Sandhill Crane originally reported to eBird by Bruce Horwith and found
earlier in the day by Paul D. was still present in front of the Napeague fish
factory at 3:45.

There is currently lots of westbound traffic and the bird was quite close to
Cranberry Hole road. I also watched 5 guys with fishing rods and an off leash
dog saunter by not more than 40 feet from the bird. It seemed unperturbed, but
who knows what’s going on inside its head. This bird is clearly a wildcard.

Careful parking. I’d suggest pulling off the road slightly west of the factory
and locating the bird (was in a fenced area) from your car so as not to
accidentally flush it. Not much room.

-Chris

Sent from my iPod