I've been seeing single Glossy Ibis on several occasions in the vicinity of
Sills Road just south of the LIE (Suffolk County, usually in the late afternoon
on my way home from work.Yesterday, around 4:30 PM, I saw 4 ibis together.All
sightings have been of low-flying birds, heading generally due west.
Yesterday's group of 4 were also low-flying, right over Baseball Heaven, and
they appeared to be getting ready to set down somewhere.I can possibly see how
they might be coming from the vicinity of the Carman's River but I can't
imagine where they're heading. A look at Google satellite doesn't show anyplace
even remotely damp that would attract them.Any theories?
Glenn