Folks:

Down my way (Gainesville, FL) during the doldrums of June (intense heat and
humidity), we have the June Challenge. A friendly county-only competition to
observe the most species. Everyone shares their finds. It is both fun and
interesting and it gets all who participate out in the field visiting our
regular hot spots and less frequently visited locations. I believe June
Challenges occur in counties all over the US, perhaps overseas as well.

If anyone is interested for the future, I can send along the official rules as
used in Florida.

cheers,

Peter
(temporarily in Orient, NY)