Hello Tom
I live in Potsdam, St. Lawrence County and I have a large swamp on my land and
I am sorry to say I have noticed a lack of Kingfishers on my property, as well
as at other locations where I look for them each year.  St.Lawrence County has
numerous wetland areas that I frequently visit to look for birds and it seems
the Kingfishers are missing.  I noticed a drop in them last year too but I
cannot say I have any idea as to why, it is one of my favorite birds.

Mary Beth Warburton
Potsdam, NY