Went offshore yesterday, had high numbers of Wilson's Storm Petrels with
some larger flocks. A conservative total count would be in the 200s. Birds
were concentrated in areas of bait fish slicks. Also had a single Jaeger
Sp. in the distance cruise by a dragger. Noticeably absent were shearwaters
in the area, with only a few Cory's seen. The weather might of had
something to do with it, as things got nautical with storms and swells
passing through. I am thinking the shearwaters went further offshore to
avoid the storm system, although I did notice two shearwater sp. about 2
miles from the beach coming in, but definitely not big numbers. Some small
striped dolphin pods and humpbacks were also  in the area of the Coimbra.
Tuna were breaking the surface, seemingly made up of mostly false albacore
and smaller blue-fin.

Mike Z