After reading Arie Gilbert's post re: finding an A. Avocet at "Mecox" this
AM (although his coordinates put the bird at the Tiana Beach Bay Side
Marina, Dune Rd., E. Quogue) I found this Avocet at 4:30 PM, just a tad
east of the marina, at the sandy beach built up by the breach caused by our
last hurricane. This evening, upon reading the posts of Chris Gangemi and
Anthony Collerton, I see we almost assuredly had 2 of this species here on
the East End Thursday !

I first saw this species on 6/17/75 in Montana, which was followed by my
first in NYS on 8/31/78 at JBWR, and then by my first in Nassau County on
9/24/04, at the Oceanside Marsh. Therefore, today's sighting was quite
special for me, being my very first AMAV in Suffolk County...my home county
!

Cheers,
Bob