Dorian likely will pass well southeast of LI Friday night to Saturday.
There will be northerly winds from the surface to at least 30,000 feet AGL
Saturday morning. In the lowest few thousand feet winds will be primarily
north to northeast.  I am not sure what this means for LI exactly, but the
deep northerly winds no doubt will bring a lot of birds from Canada.  I
wonder if some migrants would head south over the ocean and then turn back
and head north or west as they likely will avoid the storm. It could be
interesting along the coast even if we don't see typical hurricane birds.
Wish I was on the island Saturday....

Dave Nicosia