I led the first of my fall twice-weekly NYC Audubon bird walks in Bryant Park
this morning. We had fairly low diversity but good numbers of several Warbler
species: about a dozen Common Yellowthroat, 5 Northern Waterthrush, several
Ovenbirds and American Redstarts, a B&W Warbler, and my FOS White-throated
Sparrows. Also of interest were a family of recently-fledged Gray Catbirds (at
least 3 fledgelings); this is the second year I’ve observed them nesting in the
park.

There was also an Empidonax high in a planetree, likely a Least.

Good Fall Birding,

Gabriel Willow
NYC Audubon