All,

I found a juvenile BAIRD'S SANDPIPER while walking the gravel bars on the
Susquehanna River between Vestal and Endwell NY this morning. The bird was
at the west most gravel bar visible from the guard rail RIver Rd Endwell,
NY (e-bird hotspot). The exact location is here
https://goo.gl/maps/5re1cMdp4ABHAs2eA

E-Bird List is here with photos: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59684603

I was on the Murphy's Pits side (another e-bird hotspot). This small area
has been a magnet for many rare shorebirds in Broome Co over the years.
This is the second time we have had BAIRD'S SANDPIPER here (last time I
believe was 3-4 years ago). We also have had WILSON'S and RED-NECKED
PHALAROPES, STILT SANDPIPER,(spring and fall) BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER, and
WILLET to my recollection. I walked at least a 1/2 mile of gravel bar this
morning and this spot was the only area where there were a good diversity
of shorebirds and of course the Baird's. I wonder why this is such a good
spot? It is easily viewed from the guard rail River Rd Endwell, NY which is
convenient.

Best,
Dave Nicosia