This afternoon, around 1:30PM, there were a large congregation of Pine Warblers
in the main parking lot and adjacent picnic table area (north end).It was
difficult to get an exact count without unnerving other people in their cars,
but I estimated at least 18-20 individuals just in that area. Several were
quietly singing.Some Chipping Sparrows are mixed in.I wonder how many of these
birds will actually migrate. A few years ago at this location, after a deep
snow in January, I found at least 5 together in the same parking lot.
I couldn't stay any longer but it would have been nice to really search thru
these birds for something rarer.
Glenn