The sixth annual Queens County Bird Club Big Sit will take place at the Battery
Harris Platform at Fort Tilden in, you guessed it, Queens, on Saturday, 12
October. (If we get horrific weather we’ll move it to the 13th.)

The Big Sit is an all-day-long event where we seek to see as many species as
possible from a single location in 24 hours (though we usually start an hour or
so before dawn and go until dark). Last year we crushed our record when we saw
91 species and we hope to at least come close to that tally again this year.

If you want to come you don’t have to spend the whole day. You can come for a
quick visit, an extended stay, or join us for the whole shebang. Feel free to
bring snacks and warm beverages!

An account of last year’s Big Sit is here:
http://www.10000birds.com/queens-county-bird-club-2018-big-sit-results.htm?doing_wp_cron=1569717649.4110460281372070312500

Hope to see you on the platform!

Good Birding,
Corey Finger

P.S. The Queens County Christmas Bird Count will be Sunday, 15 December, this
year if you can’t get enough birding in the best borough in NYC. We’d love to
have some more folks join the count this year!

Sent from my iPhone