Sixteen observers came out on Sunday night, the last night of the Nighthawk
Watch, to look for nighthawks but were, alas, disappointed since none were
observed. As a consolation prize several species of "winter" ducks have arrived
in the pond next to the watch including Northern Shoveler, A. Wigeon both of
which displayed males coming out of eclipse plumage.

For the season (August 27th-October 6th) we saw 2,757 nighthawks in 4,276
minutes logged, an average of .644 birds per minute. This figure was well above
the totals for 2017 and 2018 in which we saw 2,046 and 2,018 birds, at a rate
of .513 and.499 birds per minute, respectively.

Thank you for coming out and participating. Hopefully, we'll see many of you
again next year.  The Nighthawk Watch has become one of the go-to social events
of the Three Village Area!!

John Turner