Full moon high tide. The marsh was completely flooded, but the water
subsided rather quickly so we could move out on the path. There were about 3
dozen Yellowlegs scattered in groups with about 20% Lesser. Both Egrets and 2
Great Blue Herons were foraging. Nice to have long legs.
        Not much around due to the flood, but we picked up several marsh birds
to the east of the pond. They moved to the vegetation and higher ground next to
the path. Every thing was still under water in this area. While we were trying
to get better looks, an AMERICAN BITTERN flew by. The 3 marsh birds, up close
for a change, turned out to be a MARSH WREN, a SALTMARSH SPARROW and a NELSON’S
SPARROW, all looking for dryer ground.
        Sy Schiff

Sent from Mail for Windows 10