Yesterday we tallied 83 species at Fort Tilden's Battery Harris Platform,
our second best year ever. New additions to our cumulative list were Snow
Goose, Field Sparrow, Cape May Warbler, Black-and-white Warbler, Scarlet
Tanager, Brown Pelican, and Common Nighthawk.

Other highlights included a great dolphin show all morning, Humpback Whale
spouts, a flyover Dickcissel, a hooting Great Horned Owl at both dawn and
dusk, two fresh Black Swallowtails that spent most of the afternoon around
the platform, and three Eastern Meadowlarks.

We didn't miss any species that we had never missed: our biggest miss was
Brant, which we had only missed one previous year, followed by Chimney
Swift and White-breasted Nuthatch, which are now batting .500.

We had a great crowd of birders throughout the day and I don't think we
missed much. Considering the relatively weak winds out of the
northwest that died by noon and the lack of a finch flight this year I
think we did really well. Thanks to everyone who came out to find some
birds and especially to those who brought snacks. (We might have had too
many snacks this year!)

Blog Post:
http://www.10000birds.com/sixth-annual-queens-county-bird-club-big-sit-an-amazing-success.htm
eBird list: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S60594643