Thanks all for sharing the info! I just called, filled in the website
form, and a letter is going in the mail tomorrow.
Here's the address in case anyone is interested -
The Honorable Andrew M. Cuomo
Governor of New York State
NYS State Capitol Building
Albany, NY 12224

Power to the birders!
Alicia

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 9:49 AM Nancy Shamban <nancysham...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> FYI to all.  You cannot email directly from that website.  Go to the
> website at https://www.governor.ny.gov/content/governor-contact-form
> <https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.governor.ny.gov%2Fcontent%2Fgovernor-contact-form%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3XTp2-35LG9H4C4jptGD1ZSEQOtZicT9zENtykfh2iyMA522DIb1CZncs&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ca0689050963c483c6c6808d769f8efbc%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637094390197578058&sdata=Mb9eK9vhpHDsTBaUgt3mEKPpUgoxRHu3qKWHqP5SX08%3D&reserved=0>
>  and
> fill in the form with this or another letter.  There is no actual email to
> use to the governor.  So call or go thru the website.  Both easy to do.
> Thanks Joshua
>
> On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 8:52 AM Joshua Malbin <joshuamal...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Here is a sample letter I just wrote that copies heavily from the bill's
>> sponsor for its content. I know it is much easier to copy and paste than to
>> compose your own letter, so feel free to do so.
>>

>> I am writing to urge you to sign S.4165/A.5767 into law. This important
>> bill would extend permanently protections for Jamaica Bay against dumping
>> hazardous dredged material that are currently set to expire in 2022.
>>
>> The Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge is one of the most widely acknowledged
>> and respected bird sanctuaries in the Northeastern United States, and the
>> bay itself is an ecological treasure all New Yorkers can enjoy. People fish
>> in its waters year-round.
>>
>> The constant threat from city, state and federal agencies to use the deep
>> portions of Jamaica Bay as a garbage dump for contaminated sediment has
>> long been one of the biggest threats to the future of the bay. While these
>> threats started to appear decades ago, they have found new supporters as
>> various dredging projects around the city have created a need to get rid of
>> sediment that is often contaminated. In addition, the research that has
>> more recently come to light highlights the amazing role that the deep
>> portions of the bay play in supporting massive amounts of marine life that
>> would cease to exist should they be filled in.
>>
>> Please sign sign S.4165/A.5767.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Joshua Malbin
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 10:12 PM Andrew Baksh <birdingd...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I hope I would count on your support. I am writing on behalf of the
>>> Jamaica Bay Ecowatchers. We need folks to contact Governor Cuomo and
>>> urge him to pass the Jamaica Bay Bill which would protect the bay from the
>>> dumping of harmful contaminants into its deep sections. The bill is
>>> awaiting his signature and if he does not call it up it will die.
>>>
>>> If you want to protect Jamacia Bay please take a few minutes to either
>>> call
>>> 518-474-8390 or email to