To my knowledge, the Townsend's Warbler was not seen today at Phillip Healey
Beach. But a consolation prize appeared in the form of a Black-headed Gull,
first spotted by Alicia Williams. The BHGU was seen on the beach among the
Ring-billed Gulls. The Painted Bunting continues at Jones Beach near the so
called Gatsby Playground. I would say it's rather dependable, although a
wait is sometimes required. The Western Grebe was not seen at Point Lookout.
Hopefully not, but maybe it's a one day wonder - a day which I believe is
one too late for the CBC count period. There was a drake Harlequin Duck by
the third jetty. Two days too late for the count period, but found today by
Ernst is a Lapland Longspur at the top of the swale area at Jones Beach West
End 2. Some of these birds were snagged by my camera recently, and can be
seen at my web site http://stevewalternature.com/ .

Steve Walter

Bayside, NY