The Queens County Bird Club will be meeting at 8:00 pm this Wednesday, January
15, 2020.  Free admission.   Refreshments will be served starting 7:30pm.
Please arrive prior to the meeting start of 8pm because we cannot leave the
door to this building open - you need to ring the entry bell and someone has to
let you in.

QCBC is meeting at a new location, which will be the Alley Pond Environmental
Center’s “temporary” home for the next two years:  224-65 76th Ave, Oakland
Gardens, NY 11364.  This is in the Alley Pond Park parking lot, north of 76th
Ave, east of Springfield Blvd.

Our presentation topic is  “The Birds of the Brazilian Northeast” by Paulo
Boute.
     Brazil is larger in area than the lower 48 states of the U.S.   But it has
only one single endemic ecoregion: the Caatinga, which is located in the
northeast part of the country.  In eons past, it was home of many types of
dinosaurs;  now, it is home of the rarest of the rare among Brazilian birds,
such the Araripe Manakin, Lear´s Macaw, Scarlet-throated Tanager, Caatinga
Antwren, White-browed Guan , Gray-bellied  and Caatinga Parakeet and much more…
 including birds of the Atlantic Forest, such the Seven-colored Tanager and
White-winged Cotinga . (At the Brazilian Northeast, the Atlantic Forest also
has plants of the Amazon Forest, since it is believed both forests were
connected, in the past.)
     Paulo Boute will be sharing his experience in guiding avid birders through
this incredible area over the past 30 years, including time when Spix's Macaws
were still living in the wild!  (Hoping for its return – more details during
the lecture.)

 Hope to see you Wednesday!

Nancy Tognan
nancy.tog...@gmail.com <mailto:nancy.tog...@gmail.com>
Vice President, Queens County Bird Club

 See http://www.qcbirdclub.org <http://www.qcbirdclub.org/> for more
information on trips, speakers, and other events.

See our 'Birding Maps & Locations' page for directions to and info about many
local birding hotspots

* QCBC is a tax exempt, charitable organization {501c3}.  *