This afternoon I happened on an adult COHA perched in a tree near the
intersection of Mill Rd. & Middle Rd., Riverhead. The bird stayed put while
I past it, turned around, lowered the window, readied the camera, and
slowly advanced to a spot directly opposite it. I then pushed the envelope
by turning off the engine, while the "coop", uncharacteristically, didn't
budge ! When an appropriate time past in my mind (~ 10 sec's) but before I
moved to bring the camera up to take a photo, the bird flew ! Not when I
moved, but when I decided to move...now that is powerful, or am I in need
of a Bronx Egg Cream !

Cheers,
Bob