Tom Moran, Aaron Virgin, Bruce Horwith & I put in a full day of birding,
starting at Montauk Point around 7 a.m. and ending about 5:30 p.m. in Water
Mill. We found 70 bird species for the day, including some notable birds. At
Montauk Point there were approximately 20 Razorbills, the continuing
Thick-Billed Murre just north and west of the lighthouse, and a Dovekie flew in
and landed in front of the concession building. We could not re-find the
Dovekie after it dove.

At Culloden around noon, we spotted an adult Pacific Loon in basic plumage. It
was to the east of the viewing platform, and stayed on the surface in good
light for at least five minutes.

Other highlights for the day:
- Two Iceland Gulls on the west side of Lake Montauk Inlet. One was an adult
Kumlien's, the other was a first-winter bird.
- Fourteen Wilson's Snipe at Georgica Cove (as viewed from the end of Cove
Hollow Road).
- The continuing Orange-Crowned Warbler was at the suet feeder at the South
Fork Natural History Museum in Bridgehampton. Other birds in the field east of
the museum were 10 Eastern Meadowlarks and an Eastern Phoebe.

---
Steve Biasetti
Director of Environmental Education | Group for the East End
Office: 631-765-6450 x205
Email: sbiase...@eastendenvironment.org /Web: www.GroupForTheEastEnd.org

Protecting the nature of the place you love