3/14/2020 - This afternoon, I was fortunate enough to enjoy viewing a rare (for
Central Park, anyway) female Long-tailed Duck on the Reservoir.  The duck was
on the north end, associating with Ruddy Ducks and Bufflehead.  It was first
reported around 2:30 pm and when I arrived at the Park at around 3:45 pm, it
was sleeping amongst a couple of Bufflehead and a Ruddy.  Occasionally, it
lifted its head and preened a bit but, for the most part, was "tucked-in" while
I was there.  I did manage to get a few photos, but imagine that those taken by
others with better cameras will provide higher quality images.  Many thanks to
Mary Beth Cooper for identifying/reporting this CP rarity!

Amy Simmons
NYC