Got out for a little birding around Riverhead this gorgeous afternoon, and
was duly rewarded. Found my 1st Killdeer of the season at the Riverhead
Buffalo Farm, c/o Roanoke & Reeves Aves. While driving through the
Riverhead Vulture Roosting Area, in addition to the single, airbourne
Turkey Vulture (Lonesome George ?) I noticed a large dark bird on the
antena of the Riverhead Fire House on Roanoke Ave. Spurred on by the memory
of the Black Vulture I had found there on 3/26, I was both disappointed and
surprised by the Osprey that was waiting for me ! This bird was also my 1st
of the season, as well as being the very 1st of this species I've seen
resting on this structure.

Cheers,
Bob