The bird was first found on the 28th by Betty Hughes and Nick Leone.  Seen the
same day by Jeff Bolsinger.  Here is a paste of his eBird post.  Eileen saw it
the next day.
Tom Wheeler

Sent from my iPhone American Avocet
Number observed: 1
Details: Found this morning by Betty Hughes and Nick Leone. Sleeping at the
edge of the pond when I arrived, then got up and foraged along the edge of the
pond for about 20 minutes