Thank you, Doug, for the info.
As a matter of fact, I have seen them sitting on the beach on few occasions but
I have never seen them going on to have any fledglings. (My personal
experience). And just three weeks ago, I saw one sitting and when it saw me, it
ran away. When I checked the spot, there was no eggs.

I put photos here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S68259881

I thought this bird will end up in Dead Horse Point, across the water, where I
have witnessed two successful nests (with at least one offspring reaching
adulthood) in the last three years.
Eventually the bird built a nest on another spot of the same beach as we can
see.

The fact that, they were not successful in the last 5 years suggests that
off-leash dogs problems got much worse (and this also my personal experience).
And the fact that they are building a nest this year suggests that social
distancing and stay-at-home policies are helping them.

Maybe, if the NPS will extend the protection to a wider section of the beach
and ban dogs completely from the far eat end of the beach might bring more
birds to nest here. We might even see Piping Plovers nesting here. This would
be my dream and I believe many other birders' dreams.

Gus

Sent using Zoho Mail

 ---- On Wed, 20 May 2020 21:44:28 -0400 Doug Gochfeld <fresha2...@gmail.com>
wrote ----