We are in Bellmore on Long Island a few miles in from the bay.  This spring We
had Carolina wrens next in our garage - it was a great month to watch them in
our yard despite the poop on my lawn mower.  Once they fledged they vacated our
yard in mid May.  Only heard them sing a couple of times since.

A pair of mallards flew in and landed in our backyard.  They flew off quickly
when our dog noticed them- we have no water feature in the yard.  It was
surrealistic.

In April we had turkey vulture fly over.  In May one great egret flew by low.
We have chimney swifts - three- over our house this past week.

Migrants were rare in our yard this spring- a few pairs of goldfinch, one
catbird and one male norther oriole.  Heard a myrtle or two.

Our infrequent birding trips have been to Cow Meadow in Freeport where we can
maintain social distance.  Usual suspects there including yellow warblers,
glossy ibis, yellow crowned night herons and boat tailed grackles.  We tried
birding in Tackapausha in Seaford but too many people, most without masks.

My best.

Sent from my iPhone