I was there yesterday during low tide. According to my notes taken of the
marker, It has drained just about .60 since July 13th. While that indicates a
good flow, it could be a little too late as we have a long way to go and with
rain in the forecast, it is going to be touch and go. I am keeping my fingers
crossed for those juveniles. As a side note, I had a few Spotted Sandpipers
doing their stutter flights from the south end so they must be thriving
(breeding?) on the pond where the water level has reached into the Phragmites.
Something positive?? Okay, maybe I am reaching but I got to get Steve off that
ledge. I need to see that man ankle deep with sneakers on that pond.

As far as the trails both ends definitely need cutting back and usually, I
would take a crack at them rather than waiting on NPS whose strategy these days
seem to be centered around the Shorebird Festival. This heat has been
oppressive so you’ll forgive me for not having the trails ready for you
Monsieur Walter 😂

Keep the faith my good man. I have not given up on the season just yet.

Cheers,

--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire