The Stone Bridge Nighthawk Watch in Setauket, NY, sponsored by the Four Harbors
Audubon Society and Frank Melville Park, began its fourth year last night with
44 nighthawks being seen in 106 minutes. Unfortunately with the powerful
weather front that came through, bringing drenching rains, we had to cut the
watch short. We enjoyed an adult bald eagle that came into a nearby Norway
Spruce and perched for 10-15 minutes in full view.......

The Watch runs through to October 6th, beginning at 5:30 each evening. Hope you
can make it down if you are a fan of goatsuckers!

John Turner