Only one week to the Seatuck LI Birding Challenge! The Queens Ladybyrders
need one more teammate for the September 26th event. Please see Ms.
Lindsay’s original description for more details about registering your
team, but contact me offlist if you would like to join our existing team.
Any and all gender may apply. Skill is not essential though the ability to
have fun birding is required. Hopefully the Ladybyrders will course through
all the major Queens County parks between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. next Saturday.

In the past all participating teams met in a castle on Long Island for the
winner’s circle ceremony afterparty. This year the affair will be virtual
and have virtually no strong rules other than to keep yourself and your
teammates safe and count as many bird species as you can see.

Still time to register your own team too. How about it Kings County, Nassau
County, bird clubs, Audubon chapters, tourists? If Jersey can host a
competitive birding event in spring, Long Island can come together on
September 26 to show “in unity is strength”!

Registration is quick and easy online.

https://www.seatuck.org/index.php/seatuck-birding-challenge

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 6:31 AM Patricia Lindsay <gelocheli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Come out and join us for a fun and exciting fall day Saturday, September
> 26th, for the 7th Annual Seatuck LI Birding Challenge .
>
> This year's Challenge will be conducted following NYS and CDC guidelines
> for keeping safe during the ongoing Covid 19 pandemic, and as such, the
> rules for birding with your teammates, the areas each team can cover, and
> the submission and compilation of all teams' results, have changed. Be sure
> to read these new rules and guidelines, learn other information about the
> Challenge, and download the required official checklist, by accessing this
> link:
>
> https://www.seatuck.org/index.php/seatuck-birding-challenge
>
> Registration is quick and easy online using the above link as well. Teams
> must register, but there is no fee required this year. Instead, the Seatuck
> organization asks that you consider making a modest donation to help them
> continue the essential conservation and education work their programs
> provide.
>
> Stay safe, and hope to see you out there!
>
> The Seatuck Team and Challenge Organizers
> Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
> <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>
> *Archives:*
> The Mail Archive
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/nysbirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html>
> Surfbirds <http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L>
> ABA <http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01>
> *Please submit your observations to **eBird*
> <http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>*!*

Mary Normandia