Salutations,

I trust everyone is doing well.

I have held off on posting any update until I felt that the water level on the
East Pond was just about right on schedule.

I am pleased and excited to share with you that the Water level on the East
Pond is right on target. Perhaps, even better than some of the years when it
was quite good on the pond.

This is a result of coordinated efforts by a bunch of us, including NPS staff
along with Don Riepe and a few of his volunteers. We did the outflow valve
digout in March and and subsequently monitored the outflow and water level.
This led to clearing out any buildup when necessary.

We may do one more digout out due to the high tides pushing in silt and Ulva
build up but our early work has clearly paid off.

I have discussed with NPS maintenance staff and trail clearing will also begin
soon. This will include the Northend East side trail as it has not been
maintained for a few seasons.

I’ll probably post an update one more time once we hit our water level target.
Stay well everyone and be safe!

For anyone interested here are a few links to tweets from our March work.

https://twitter.com/birdingdude/status/1375489316026253316?s=21

https://twitter.com/birdingdude/status/1375559246419537920?s=21

https://twitter.com/birdingdude/status/1375560556048945155?s=21

https://twitter.com/birdingdude/status/1376674603024723973?s=21

Cheers,
--------
“Tenderness and Kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but
manifestations of strength and resolution” ~ Khalil Gibran

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire