Our first FALL program is FREE and open to all!

Join The Linnaean Society of New York at 7pm on Tuesday, 9/14, for a special
Zoom presentation, “How Bats Are Uniting Conservationists in the Global South,”
by Angelique Menchaca, PhD, bat conservationist and Director of Global South
Bats

We couldn’t enjoy Tequila without bats, a single little brown bat can eat up to
1000 mosquito-sized insects in a night, and yet they still get a bad rap!
What’s the story?

Dr. Menchaca will cover some of the most remarkable aspects of bat diversity,
as well as the bat’s role in ecosystems, and in our daily lives. You will also
learn how their link with disease transmission inflicts damage on their
reputation.

Learn about a new initiative, led by young scientists, helping protect bats in
the most vulnerable places on earth and changing the future of conservation
across the Global South.

As a result of this talk, you will undoubtedly fall in love with bats and
become an advocate for their protection.

For details and to register, please visit our website
​​https://bit.ly/LSNYSept21Zoom <https://bit.ly/LSNYSept21Zoom>

Kathleen Matthews (for LSNY)
New York, NY