Since it hasn't received a lot of mention here lately, I thought I would
note that the GREAT WHITE HERON found at Marshlands Conservancy at the end
of August is still hanging around after not being seen for several weeks.
Andrew Farnsworth relocated it on Sunday, and Tom and Gail found it again
yesterday afternoon, when I was able to get up to take a look. Super cool
bird, and seems to be only the fifth or sixth record for the state. It
seems to be frequenting the bay on the south side of Maries Neck at low
tide, visible from the trail along the neck after descending from the
higher area of the preserve. Photo of the bird:
https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/375091321

--
Jay McGowan
Ithaca, NY