Maybe for the same reason they allow reports of  birds that are on private
property?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 4:54 PM, John Kent<jwk...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
#yiv7862139209 p.yiv7862139209MsoNormal, #yiv7862139209
p.yiv7862139209MsoNoSpacing{margin:0;}https://support.ebird.org/en/support/solutions/articles/48000948757-ebird-faqs#anchordonotreport

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022, at 4:19 PM, Andrew Block wrote:

Question.  Why does eBird allow reports of captive/domestic birds to be
reported?  I don't get that.  I was shown by a friend a report of a dozen or so
Barnacle Geese seen at the Bronx Zoo which are obviously not wild birds.  Why
would someone report that in the first place and why would eBird allow it?
Doesn't seem right.

Andrew

Andrew v. F. Block
Consulting Naturalist20 Hancock Avenue, Apt. 3
Yonkers, Westchester Co., New York 10705-4780
www.flickr.com/photos/conuropsis/albums
Welcome and Basics
Rules and Information
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave