This morning, just after 8:00am, I found a KING RAIL foraging on the course, on
either side of the road down to the east marina (40.7193010, -73.1428022). The
encounter only lasted a few minutes, and despite a few reasonably prompt texts,
nobody who arrived shortly thereafter had success refinding the bird. But I
just received word that the bird recently showed again, so anyone inclined to
try for it should get down to Timber Point ASAP. Good luck if you go.

Link to my eBird checklist with photos:
https://ebird.org/atlasny/checklist/S110651035

John Gluth, sent from my iPhone