All,

I was doing Breeding Bird Atlasing on my block in Beaver Meadow SF northern
Chenango County today and came across a singing Kentucky Warbler, What is
most unusual is that it was amid many northern breeders in a mixed northern
hardwood/spruce forest. At the same time this bird was singing, I had
BLACKBURNIAN, MAGNOLIA, BLACK THROATED BLUE WARBLERS, RED BREASTED
NUTHATCHES and other birds of northern affinities singing.  It was quite a
surprise to hear this "southerner" amid the others. Fortunately, I was able
to get some photos.    I did almost a 10 mile loop on my block through
mostly northern hardwood/spruce/pine forests and was happy to see that (at
least in this location) many species seemed very common to abundant. I
tallied 77 singing OVENBIRDS!  I also had 32 BLACKBURNIAN WARBLERS in
nearly 10 miles.  In any event, it was a great day to be out before the
storms hit.

ebird list is here w/ KEWA photos....
https://ebird.org/atlasny/checklist/S110986836

Best,