The Limpkin was captured late today by a team using a large net. The bird
was slowly pushed toward and into the net, then captured. The bird weighed
in at 815 g, average is 900-1270, so a little underweight but otherwise
seems healthy. What happens next isn't exactly known, at least by me, but we
should get word of that within the next couple of days. The bird will likely
find its way south after receiving the necessary care to prepare it for the
trip. I've been told that, compared to some birds, Limpkins are not
difficult to care for in captivity.

The sentiment expressed by a few people to make a donation to these rehab
groups is heartwarming. They certainly deserve it, with all the time and,
often, their own finances that they use. I hope to receive more information
regarding that in a day or so and will update then.

Thanks, everyone, who came and respectfully viewed the Limpkin and to those
who expressed an interest in its well-being.  It was great to reconnect with
many birding friends and to make new ones.

Good birding!

Willie

Willie D'Anna

Wilson, NY