Hi all,

This morning while birding with Sean Carroll, I spotted a Fork-tailed
Flycatcher at Greig Farm just outside of Red Hook in Dutchess County. Sean
and I observed and photographed the bird for about 40 minutes until it
disappeared into a patch of goldenrod at around 8:15am. Details are in our
list here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S118887667

While it hasn't been seen in almost three hours, I suspect it is still
around in the same general vicinity. Its most recent location was in this
field here:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/x13kfzmumpUSY4PX8

Interestingly, another Dutchess birder texted me later this morning to
report that she had a Fork-tailed Flycatcher at the same location on
Thursday (9/15), but it was not photographed, and she did not realize her
bird was a Fork-tailed until details of today's sighting emerged. This
means that this bird has potentially been around for three days or more,
and could be a harbinger of its continued stickiness. Her list is here:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S118791533

One last note: Greig Farm is an active orchard, and many folks were
arriving on site to pick fruit as I departed just before 11am. If you go to
chase this bird, be sure to be courteous to the farm operators and
visitors, and park only in designated areas. The owners of Greig Farm have
been exceptionally kind in allowing birders to bird the farm, and we should
all return the favor by being respectful of their land and their
operations.

Good birding!
David Chernack