Hi peeps,

If you're thinking about joining a local Christmas Bird Count this Sunday,
there are plenty to choose from just west of the Hudson in Jersey City. All
are welcome to the accessible, limited-movement count in Harsimus Cemetery
1 to 3 pm. Feel free to bring a family member or friend ... just give me a
heads up so we pack enough supplies.

Thank you to Shayna for locking down the location for us, and to Yamina and
Rosalyn for helping to organize! And happy birding, wherever you choose to
point your bins.

[image: Harsimus CBC 2021 (2).png]

Image description: On light pink background with nine black silhouettes of
pigeons flying and sitting on a wire. In red small text it says "December
19, 2021, 1 pm to 3 pm, Harsimus Cemetery Jersey City." In red large text
it says "Accessible Christmas Bird Count." In red small text it says,
"email bitas...@gmail.com for accessibility details, RSVPs, and other ?s."

Some details on accessibility:
-The site is on city bus routes
-Main path is paved and level
-Easy dropoff at the entrance
-Parking and bathrooms close by (map will be provided in advance)
-Counters can either join a stationary or limited-movement group
-Verbal interpretation when needed
-Spanish- and Bengali-fluent guides
-No fees involved (if anything, we should be paying you)We will bring
folding chairs, extra binoculars, a spotting scope, snacks, water, personal
hygiene products, and of course, COVID-safety supplies. If you have any
other accommodation requests or ideas, please let us know. We intend to
help create space for people with disabilities to enjoy nature, and we can
always do it better.
--
Purbita Saha
*she/her*