REMINDER

Don't miss tomorrow night's Queens County Bird Club/NY Zoom presentation!
Members and Non-Members welcomed!

When: Jun 15, 2022 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Holly Merker presents "Ornitherapy: For Your Mind, Body and Soul"
Watching birds: not only fun, but good for you!Learn why getting your daily
dose of Ornitherapy is just what the doctor ordered….Ornitherapy leads to a
more mindful approach to the observation of birds, benefitting our mind, body,
and soul.We’re pushed and pulled in many directions, no matter our age. If we
allow birds and nature to slow us down, we are practicing a form of “selfcare”.
Research shows that exposure to nature actively reduces stress, depression, and
anxiety, while helping build a stronger heart and immune system.Birds are
gateways into deeper experiences with nature, magnifying these benefits.
Through observation, we can learn not only about birds, but gain insight into
our own lives while exploring our connection to the world around us. This
fosters stewardship and bolsters conservation.Within the program, we’ll delve
into our connections to birds, how to practice Ornitherapy for optimal
benefits, and learn about the latest research in the power of nature for
overall wellbeing. Come listen to how watching birds can bring you more than
just the enjoyment.Merker BIOHolly Merker has a background in art therapy, but
today employs birds and nature toward the same goals of wellbeing in her work
as an environmental educator and birding guide. Holly has worked as a
professional birding instructor for National Audubon, the American Birding
Association, and many other organizations.Passionate about connecting young
people to birds, she co-founded the Frontiers in Ornithology Symposium, and has
facilitated many young birder groups and teen birding camps. Dedicated to bird
conservation, she has been state coordinator/reviewer for the Cornell Lab of
Ornithology’s eBird Pennsylvania since 2005, and a two-term voting member of
the PA Ornithological Records Committee, as well as the Committee Chair.Holly
is lead author of the book "Ornitherapy: For Your Body, Mind, and Soul "(along
with co-authors Richard Crossley and Sophie Crossley, Crossley Books, 2021) and
is currently promoting the practice of Ornitherapy and providing workshops and
programs across the U.S.In her free time, Holly spends every possible moment
practicing Ornitherapy herself, which she credits in helping her defeat breast
cancer, restoring her health mentally and physically.
Register in advance for this meeting at
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZArceuvrD0tGdRv7Wal_tDSMOrD1mAUmqUf,After
 registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information
about joining the meeting.

Marcia AbrahamsPrograms CoordinatorQueens County Bird Clubwww.qcbirdclub.org
Email:  marciaaabrah...@aol.com